About the Department
Mechanical Engineering is considered as the core for all engineering which links all branches. It is the branch of Engineering that involves the design, production and operation of machinery. Mechanical Engineering is perhaps the broadest of all the engineering disciplines in its range of activities and functions. There is no industry in the world, whether film or fashion or food which does not use something put together by a Mechanical Engineering. Mechanical Engineering people have been instrumental in the design, manufacture and operation of everything from microscope parts to gigantic gears, heating ventilation, refrigeration, laser technology, biomedical applications, automation, computer aided design, plastics and a whole lot of other things. Every kind of industry requires Mechanical Engineering technicians. Mechanical Engineering basically deals with machines and conversion of Heat into Work. A Mechanical Engineer designs and builds a machine by applying various principles and laws drawn from Science, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Mechanical Engineering people learn how to apply these laws to the design and manufacture of machines that makes our lives more comfortable. Polytechnic Colleges produce better technicians. A Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is a good launching pad in to their careers. A specialization in the fields like aeronautical, automobile, bio-medical and is far easier with a basic diploma in Mechanical Engineering. In our College, Mechanical Engineering section started from the very inception of the institution in the year 2009 offers 3 year diploma programme. The department has qualified team of faculty members and well equipped laboratories and workshops. Mechanical Engineers are sought by employers in almost all sectors of the engineering industry
- To produce outstanding engineers
- To provide basic and advanced technology learning environment to meet the challenges
- To “Be a nationally recognized engineering department that attracts, rewards, and retains outstanding students”
- To “Prepare Engineering Students for Successful Careers”
- To create a transformative educational experience for students focused on deep disciplinary knowledge, problem solving, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, and personal health and well-being.
- To be a premier Mechanical research – intensive organization in whole eastern region of India.
- Deliver teaching and facilitate learning of the highest quality.
- Play a leading role in the economic, social and cultural development of the eastern region of India.
- Basic Workshop
- Engineering practices lab
- Manufacturing Tech lab
- Fluid Mechanics lab
- Strength of Materials lab
- Thermal Engineering lab
- CAD/ CAM with CNC Machines
- Metrology lab
- Mechatronics Lab